Announcing Rivet Add-ons
A collection of Rivet plugins, templates, and other helpful resources
Rivet Add-ons are components, plugins, and other utilities that can be included in Rivet projects on an as-needed basis.
We know that Rivet won’t have a ready-made solution for every design problem. Sometimes, you’ll need to build your own solution to solve problems specific to your app’s use case.
We’ve created Add-ons for a few reasons:
- To make it easier to build use case-specific Rivet components that can be shared with other developers solving similar problems
- To release components separate from the Rivet core that are opt-in. This helps make Rivet flexible while keeping its core simple and lightweight.
- To foster a Rivet ecosystem and encourage collaboration across teams
Using Rivet Add-ons
We’ve added a new section to the Rivet website where you can find a list of available Add-ons, along with instructions on how to use Add-ons in your project.
Each Add-on page contains:
- Links to download the code needed to use the Add-on
- A link to the GitHub repository that hosts the Add-on’s source code
- A demo page showing a working example of the Add-on
Creating issues for Rivet Add-ons
If you have a question, want to report a bug, or have a feature request, create a GitHub issue on the Add-on repository.
To create an issue for a Rivet Add-on:
- Create a github.com account if you don’t already have one
- Go to the Rivet Add-ons page
- Open the page for the Add-on by clicking its name or screenshot in the list
- Click the
Sourcelink in the toolbar to open the Add-on’s GitHub repository
- Click the
Issuestab and create your new issue
Have an idea for an Add-on?
If you’ve created a custom Rivet component you think might be useful to other teams, we’ve created a Rivet Add-on boilerplate repository to help you develop your own Add-on in a way that will match the style and structure of other Add-ons.
If you need help developing your Add-on, the Rivet core team is happy to help with visual design, front-end development, and accessibility.