Some guidelines to follow when naming a new system or service
When naming a new system, you should consider the following:
- Is it easy to say and spell?
- Does it describe the system or product?
- Will it work as a URL?
You should be able to answer “yes!” to all of the above—which can often be easier said than done. To choose a descriptive and straightforward name, follow the principles below:
- Don’t use CaMeLbAcK spelling
- Don’t combine multiple words to make a new word (e.g., IndiAccessiBook)
- Ask users for feedback before making a decision
On this page